What is Day of Caring?
Day of Caring is a volunteer-oriented event which encourages volunteerism in our community by helping people and non-profit agencies in need.
It is also an exciting day that offers a unique opportunity for businesses, employees and individuals to participate in making a difference, and to see first-hand how their donations to United Way are benefiting the lives and vitality of our community.
What kind of projects?
Projects could include painting, sorting donated food for distribution, assisting homebound senior citizens, painting hydrants, landscaping and much more.
How can I help?
• the volunteer team registration form today.
• The volunteers will need projects to do, so if you know of any non-profit organization or
individuals needing help, please have them complete the project description form.
• We need both volunteer teams and projects to make this day a success.
United Way Kickoff Luncheon and Day of Caring
All team leaders and volunteers are invited to attend the United Way Kickoff Luncheon and Day of Caring on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Serving will begin at noon at the MTI Technology Center Theatre, 1800 E Spruce.
Volunteers will proceed to their projects immediately following the United Way Campaign Kickoff Luncheon.
Things to Remember!
- Select a team of up to eight members and choose a team leader.
- Return your completed registration to the United Way office no later than Friday, July 28, 2017.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to the team leader once the team has been matched with a project. This letter will include the project site, address, type of work and the name and phone number of the project coordinator.
- The team leaders will pick up the Day of Caring information and T-shirts on Monday, August 14, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the United Way office, 417 N Main.
- The team leader is responsible for all communication between United Way and the project coordinator and for sharing all pertinent information with the team members.
- Day of Caring projects will commence Immediately following the 1:00 p.m. conclusion of the United Way Campaign Kickoff Luncheon at the MTI Technology Center on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.